Monday, October 4, 2010

Fran - Last workout of my twenties

Decided I needed to end my twenties with a bang so I had to choose a tough workout.  Weird, huh?  I think you guys get it though.  So I chose Fran... 21 - 15 - 9 of 95# thrusters and pullups.  Yep.  I was gunning for Joe's PR of 5:44.  Thought since I've been working on my shoulder press and doing some weighted pullups and feeling good today I just might have a chance.

I got 5:50.  It was a huge storm pain!!  I did the first set of thrusters and pullups unbroken (actually I rested the bar on my shoulders in the rack position once or twice on the thrusters) and that just punished me...But I didn't lay down and die or feel sorry for myself so I'm really pleased with a 34 second PR since I last did it in June...that was 5 days before I fell and fractured my knee!!  So I'm very happy with making this kind of progress and not loosing major work capacity over the short time domain after such a major setback that I've only been able to run once in the last 3 months!

No comments: