Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Monday 6.7.10 & Wednesday 6.9.10

Monday I did my first workout at Crossfit East Bay, the box at 2 different climbing gyms, one in Oakland near Lake Merritt, the other a few minutes away in Berkeley.

It was an interesting day to show up:

In any order:

30 Thruster 135/85
60 C2B Pull-Ups
90 Clap Push-Ups/Push-Ups

Min 0:00 - perform reps of the above (thruster, C2B, Push-Up)
Min 3:00 - 15 "Lewin-Style" Reps Ground-to-Overhead 135/85:
--Perform 10 burpees every two minutes on the second minute
--Max rep Ground-to-Shoulder 135/85 (up to 15 then continue as below)
--If finished resume performing reps of the above (thruster, C2B, Push-Up)
Min 9:00 - perform reps of the above (thruster, C2B, Push-Up).
Min 12:00 -15 "Lewin-Style" Reps Overhead Squat* 135/85:
--Perform 20 walking lunge every two minutes on the second minute
--Max rep Overhead Squat 135/85 (up to 15 then continue as below)
--If finished resume performing reps of the above (thruster, C2B, Push-Up)
Min 18:00 - perform reps of the above (thruster, C2B, Push-Up).

30 minute limit.

Scoring:

Each minute to completion yields one point, rounded to nearest quarter point (:15/:30/:45)
Each missed rep adds one point to total score.
Each missed "Lewin-Style" rep adds three points to score.

I ended up doing 11 thrusters, 60 pullups, and 63 pushups (scaled from clapping pushups to pushups). For the "mini workouts" I got 12 GTOH and 15 front squats (scaled from OHS to front squats)

--Limited time today before church. Was going to do 4RFT: 3 muscle ups, 16 one arm db snatches 40#.
I was really tight from my workout 2 days ago but after the first 2 muscle ups I felt a twinge in my right bicep where it attaches to the shoulder...no bueno, so I called it there.

I was excited to do the snatches and could do them without a problem so I made up a quick WOD on the spot:

7 minutes:
Max one arm db snatches 40#
135 reps

I did right arm for ten then switched to left. It was hard but not killer. The muscle ups woulda been nice. But ya gotta listen to yer body and I hope I stopped before it got hurt.

No comments: